Mango Sorbet – A Refreshing Summer Treat
One of my favorite summer beverages is Teavana’s Moroccan Mint green tea–sweetened and iced. So refreshing! When I was looking at my last batch of mangoes wondering what kind of frozen treat to make with them, I thought they would pair nicely with the flavor of this tea. I adapted David Lebovitz’s Mango Sorbet recipe from The Perfect Scoop to this one using the Moroccan Mint green tea. Enjoy a bowl of this delicious Moroccan mango mojito sorbet this summer!
- 2/3 cup Teavana Moroccan mint green tea, brewed strong
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3-4 champagne mangoes, cubed
- 1 T lime juice
- 2 T light rum
- A few drops mint extract (to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- Brew the tea according to directions and measure out 2/3 cup. Add the sugar while the tea is hot and stir to dissolve all the sugar.
- Add everything to the blender and purée until well blended.
- Adjust lime, mint, and rum to taste.
- Chill mixture in fridge 2-3 hours until very cold.
- Add to ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer instructions. Took about 20 minutes in mine.
- Transfer sorbet to a freezer container and freeze several more hours before scooping.